New York, NY, September 12, 2016 – The designs of Laurel Dewitt transcend the idea of wearable art. The makeup look created for her SS17 collection by head makeup artist, Griselle Rosario for Cargo Cosmetics, mirrored that level of artistry.
March.April.Mae celebrates the fresh rainy season as weather shifts from winter into spring/summer. Laurel Mae DeWitt made it rain with denim, slickers, latex and chain ensembles while Cargo Cosmetics Swimmables and HD Collections walked through the raindrops with each model.
“There were three looks in this show,” says Griselle Rosario, Head MUA at the Laurel DeWitt SS17 show. “One was a clean, fresh no makeup look. The second was a nude lip with an explosion of color on the eyes created with fragments of reflective, metallic pieces. The third was a nearly bare eye with deep lips and metallic confetti celebrating the beginning of spring.”
Create the Perfect Canvas:
- “The HD collection by Cargo is no joke!” says Griselle. “We got the skin looking fresh and clean using the Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Liquid Foundation followed by the Cargo_HD Picture Perfect Concealer for spot treatment and to lighten and brighten under eyes. To set we used the Picture Perfect Pressed Powder.”
- “We then used the OneBase concealer/foundation hybrid to lighten and nearly cancel out the eyebrows. We wanted this look to be very editorial and edgy.”
Get the Wet Look:
- “The theme of the show is celebrating the arrival of spring during the fresh, rainy season so we wanted the models to look wet. Their hair was slicked back wet by Brian C. Hawkins and the makeup needed to be reflective and glossy.”
- “We used the ColorStick in St. Tropez on cheeks and then mixed Cargo’s new HD Picture Perfect Illuminating Palette with the Essential Lip Gloss in Umbria to give their highlight a wet finish,” says Griselle.
Nontouring and ‘No Makeup’ Makeup
- “For those wearing the bare faced look, we applied the Essential Lip Gloss in Umbria, a beautiful golden shade with a little shimmer to the eyelids. Brushed a bit more highlight on the cheekbones and applied Boundless Lashes Mascara to make eyes pop,” Griselle shares.
- “I lined the lips and filled in with the Swimmables Secret Beach Pencil (Nude) and then added the Lip Gloss in Umbria on top.”
- “For the models wearing the explosion of color on their eyes, I covered the whole lid with the Swimmables Eye Pencils in Dorado Beach (Gold). Once these pencils set they are on for the day!”
- “I lined the eye with the Grey Lake Pencil and added a few layers of the Boundless Lashes Mascara.”
- “Then for the fun part: we added a layer of the Umbria Lip Gloss for sheen and then carefully placed fragments of metallic pieces in various colors to the lash line and outer corner of the eye up to the brow.”
- “For this look the eye stayed nearly bare so I simply had my artists line the top lash line and apply two layers of Boundless Lashes Mascara.”
- “We then filled in the entire lip with the Swimmables Water Resistant Eye Pencils in Karon Beach (Plum) cleaning up the sides with the Secret Beach Pencil (Nude).”
- “We added the Umbria Lip Gloss and placed the metallic pieces on the lip to give the illusion of wet, shattered stained glass lips as they walked down the runway.”
About Cargo Cosmetics
For 20 years, Cargo Cosmetics has been a staple on the sets of film and television as well as in the makeup bags of women worldwide. High-definition foundations that escape the scrutiny of HD cameras and first-to-market innovations have created a loyal following amongst the world’s most renowned makeup artists. An industry insider favorite, Cargo has received some of the beauty industry’s most prestigious awards. Visit www.cargocosmetics.com for additional information.
About Laurel DeWitt
Laurel Mae DeWitt’s hand-crocheted metal apparel continues to rail against our classical conceptions of ‘clothing’ with new silhouettes and pioneering techniques more complex than ever before. Clean lines showcase the diametric results of DeWitt’s complicated process, illustrating the designer’s unparalleled mastery over the vast behaviors of metal. Her VIP clients include Alicia Keys, Amber Rose, Beyoncé, Britney Spears, Cyndi Lauper, Dascha Polanco, Kelly Rowland, Khloe Kardashian, Lady Gaga, Laverne Cox, Lenny Kravitz, Nicki Minaj, Steve Aoki, Usher, Vanessa Hudgens, will.i.am and others.